活動名稱： 家長相見歡以及教師節- 敬師感恩活動
地點：2675 Ralston Ave, Belmont, CA
◎ Annual room parents’ meeting
The annual room parents’ meeting this year was held in the parents’ lounge. Due to the enthusiasm displayed by the parent volunteers, the meeting achieved high levels of communication and discussion.
A quick summary of the meeting is as follows:
1) The room parent volunteers are important resources that act as a bridge between the school and the parents within the school. The school administration can more effectively communicate and promote changes through these parent volunteers.
2) The counseling department will contact the parents within Tzu Chi through the room parents regularly in order to discuss school affairs.
3) Each class is responsible for cleaning after themselves. Classroom tables and chairs may be moved for teaching purposes, but should be restored back to its original position when the class concludes. It is important to maintain the classroom as it affects the school’s lease.
4) The school emphasizes that students are required to wear their uniforms. The uniforms are used to identify whether they are students of the school, and reflect the school’s spirit.
5) This year a new regulation has been added. Every Sunday from 9:00 am to 11:45 am, there must be a parent helper or teaching assistant presents in every class.
6) The school administration would like to have room parents’ presence during the registration. If you, as a room parent, are not able to attend during registration, please find replacement.
7) The students’ safety is entirely dependent on the parents’ efforts in patrolling the campus to ensure safety. It is the room parents’ responsibility to remind others of ways to help keep the school safe. Some precautions in campus patrol include: ensuring the safety of students getting on and off vehicles, reporting suspicious individuals to the office, and calling 911 in a fire emergency.
◎ Teachers’ Appreciation Day- Showing respect and thankfulness towards teachers’ activity
The principal and other Tzu Chi volunteers were busy preparing the items needed for the tea ceremony that took place on Teachers’ Appreciation Day. Cups of tea were placed on trays and brought to each teacher with the help of a student representative. The student representative of each class brought tea to their teacher and knelt before the teacher while offering them the tea. This ceremony is used to show gratitude and respect towards the teachers for the education they give to their students. This ceremony was performed while playing the song “Shi En Shen, Yi Sheng Shen”. After the teacher finished her tea, another student representative brought the teacher either a thank you card or a small gift. Although the ceremony itself only lasted a couple minutes and was not the most ideal, everyone could tell through the teachers’ expression afterwards that the ceremony meant a lot to them.
This ceremony is used to encourage teachers to continue to impart their knowledge on the students. Although sometimes it may be difficult to teach students with such varying levels, teachers make a significant difference in the lives of children. The ceremony was necessary in order to encourage teachers to continue to help their students throughout the year. Most importantly, being able to create a lasting relationship between the students and the teachers makes the event more meaningful. This is why the tea ceremony is such an important event that volunteers are willing to spend their time on ensuring perfection. The tea ceremony is a significant event that is both beneficial to the students and the teachers.
Event: 2018 Annual room parents’ meeting and Teachers’ Appreciation Day
Time: Sept. 30, 2018 at 9:30am -11:45am
Location: 2675 Ralston Ave, Belmont, CA
Article: Julia Cheng
Video: Jenny Qiu, Stanley Sun
Translator: Valerie Kuo, Jessica Lee
教師節 Teacher's Day
Photos/Video Disclaimer: We reserve the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event, without the expressed written permission of those included in the photograph/video. A person attending a TCASM event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers. Furthermore, if you see any image posted on our websites without your permission, please notify us to have it removed.